This never ending rain is causing serious footwear issues. Soggy trainers are not a good look. The girls are loving jumping in the endless puddles but hating the wet socks that they get as a result! I am determined that this rain won’t stop us from enjoying ourselves outside so I have been on the hunt for family wellies.
The Girls’ wellies need to be fun looking but also practical.
I am talking the best waterproof wellies I can find. My two have this uncanny knack of finding the deepest puddles possible and they just love pushing each other into them! However, they are also very clear that they want fun, cool looking wellies. The following four met with their very exacting standards.
1) Boden printed wellies. Cool and feminine. You can’t go wrong with a Boden welly as they shout quality. Now reduced. Prices start at £22.60. You can find them here
2) Joules wellies. Fun, bright and girly. Perfect for the horse mad young girl. Now reduced to £16.95. You can find them here
3) PuddleStomper wellies. Snazzy and sure to perk up anyone on a grey, rainy day and now reduced to £15. You can find them here
4) Hunters girls. Who doesn’t love a Hunters welly. My feet would love a pair of these gracing them. Classic and stylish and very adorable in this baby blue colour. Now reduced to £20 and you can find them here
Mr C can be very difficult to buy for. He has very high standards for his wellies. Welly or won’t he like them? Sorry I couldn’t resist,no more welly puns. I wouldn’t want to put the boot in.…
1) Dunlop welly. What’s not to like, sturdy and a classic colour and a very nice price too. £9.99. You can find them here
2) Hunter wellington. Like me Mr C lusts after a Hunter welly. These are beautifully made, the classic two tone original. Now reduced to £70 and you can find them here
3)Hunter again but this time their two tone chelsea boots in a cool midnight blue. Perfect for the man who doesn’t like a full on wellington. You can find them here reduced to £49.99
4) The classic brand Barbour and a classic wellington. Now £45.47. You can find them here
I like a fun but stylish wellington boot. A boot that is going to give me a reason to go outside in the rain!
1) These wellington boots from Jigsaw are all about the detail. They are also very smart looking. You can find them here Now reduced to £62.00
2) Oh be still my beating heart. I am in love with these Hunter’s wellies. Stylish and beautiful and a gorgeous colour. I would happily march in the pouring rain in these lovelies. Their refined back strap wellies are now in the sale for £62.00. You can find them here
3) Yes, i’m on the hunt for a pair of Hunters and these ones are sure to bring out my feminine side in this soft baby pink. Their original short boot for £75 and you can find them here
4) These wellies would make me smile on a grey day. Fun and quirky with the dog print. They are also a great price at £19.95 in the sale. You would be barking not to snap them up. You can find them here
The girls. Oldest loves the bold statement of the Boden boots and youngest loves the vibrancy of the the PuddleStompers. Mr C is all about the classic and would love the full Hunter wellington for better coverage. We are obviously a welly good match as I too would love the full Hunter wellington.
We had better get saving for our rainy day wellingtons…