Week 2 of my Moonwalk marathon training has been slightly more enjoyable than the first week. I know, miracles do happen, I am enjoying exercise. What I have found works for me is getting the exercise done first thing. This means that the alarm goes off at 5:45am. Urgh. However, it is worth it because then I have done it and can get on with my work.
This is my week 2 of the Moonwalk marathon training in numbers:
- 12 miles ran
- 3 x 5:45 am starts. Bleugh
- 2 x had to stop to throw-up as I exercised. This is because I can suffer from very painful periods. This was one of those months. I knew it was a lie when your PE teacher told you at school that exercise helped, not in my case!
- 3 x podcasts of the Guilty Feminist listened to as I exercised
- 1 x big blister
- 6 x nice juices for breakfast (as well as usual breakfast)
- 1 x vile juice. Kale in a juice is not nice.
- 1 x Gary growth still on my foot. Go away!
- 2 x achy hips. What is that all about?
- Reading 1 x inspiring book by Jo Pavey – This Mum Runs
- 6 healthy dinners
- 1 x unhealthy dinner at Pizza Express but it was worth it. Those calzones are the best
- 2 x glasses of wine
- 4 x lots of fish for dinner
- 8 times that I swore at the treadmill when it started going up on inclines without me telling it do that!
My week 2 Moonwalk marathon training plan
Day 1 – 4 miles steady pace
Day 2 – Relax and stretch (15 mins)
Day 3 – 4 miles run and walk
Day 4 – Relax and stretch (15 mins)
Day 5 – 4 miles run and walk
Day 6 – Relax and stretch (15 mins)
Day 7 – Relax and stretch (15 mins)
Total miles – 12 miles
Week 2 vlog
I have made a very short vlog (just over 2 mins) documenting my training for this week. Don’t worry there are no shots of me as an angry beetroot! I am saving them for later. Are you training for the Moonwalk marathon? I would love to hear how you are getting on.
Pin for later: