I have explained before how I am now someone who prioritises her fitness. I have to ensure that I make the time to workout as it keeps me sane! However, in the day to day it can be difficult finding the time to exercise. We all have so much other stuff jostling for our attention that exercising can slip down the list. Here are my tips for finding the time to exercise.
12 Ways To Fit Exercise Into Your Day
- First thing. If you have to be at work by 9am then set that alarm off earlier. Get up as soon as your alarm goes off and exercise. I have to admit that I have been struggling with this lately but exercising first thing is definitely the way forward. This means it is out of the way and you can tick it off your to do list and focus on your other priorities.
- Run or walk into work. If you have a commute into work then why not run or walk it. If it is too far to run or walk the whole commute then do half of it.
- Lunch hour. Instead of sitting at your desk get outside and walk round the park, go for a run or head to the gym for a quick class.
- Gym. Are you someone who needs a gym to exercise in? Join one near your work, that way you can exercise before work starts or straight after you have finished work.
- Are you a stay-at-home mum? If so then get into your exercise gear as soon as you wake-up and don’t remove it until you have managed a quick workout.
- Workout at home. You don’t need a gym to workout you can easily do it at home. There are workouts on YouTube and you can even join and have your own personal trainer in your home. I use Be Better Fitness Training which is £10 per month and they have a variety of workouts from 1 min ones to longer.
- Fit quick workouts into your daily routine. Brushing your teeth then knock out some squats as you do it. Watching the TV then try and plank during the adverts. Unloading the dishwasher then do one push up between every plate removed.
- Commit to it. At the start of each week write down when you are going to exercise, what days, times and classes. When you have exercised tick it off.
- Record your progress. At the start of each new week take a photo. That way you have a visual reminder of why you are exercising. You can see the change for yourself.
- Smug. Remind yourself why you are doing it and how great you will feel after you have done it. No one ever regrets a workout but people regret not doing a workout!
- Reward yourself. Perhaps you have your eye on a dress or you want to go out at the weekend. If you manage to fit in all of your exercises then reward yourself.
- Instagram. Thinking about not doing your workout then get on Instagram. Find your favourite Instagram fitness peeps and let their pictures inspire you!
I believe that anyone can fit exercise into their day, it’s just about changing your outlook and incorporating some simple changes into your life. The key is we have to want to exercise. I appreciate that we don’t always want to exercise. It’s easier not to. Therefore, remind yourself why we should exercise and how great we will feel afterwards.
Do you have any tips for fitting exercise into your day?
Pin for later:
Disclaimer – please be aware that I have been gifted my membership for Be Better Fitness Training