At the time of writing this post there were 98 days left until Christmas. 98 whole days and I am already thinking about my Christmas shopping. However, there is madness to my logic-promise. The shops are already starting to fill up with Christmas bits and we should take that as our prompt to get organised. Living on Jersey means that we do need to get organised as the post can take ages. However, all of you living on the mainland should be getting organised too. Here is why you should be starting your Christmas shopping now!
10 Reasons Why You Should Start Your Christmas Shopping in September
- You can spread the cost. Let’s face it, when you have children to buy for then Christmas can become expensive. Starting in September means that you can spread the cost and hopefully you won’t end up in that overdraft!
- Black Friday. You can take advantage of Black Friday and pick up some bargains ready for Christmas. This year it falls on November 24th and it is also followed by Cyber Monday on November 27th.
- You can do plenty of research. You have oodles of time. So get on online and start researching the best prices for the gifts you want to buy. Doing this online also means you can do it from the comfort of your home with coffee and one (packet of) biscuit(s) in hand.
- Amazon. Take advantage of Amazon. I love Amazon as it often has some fantastic deals. Best of all is that you can create a watchlist so you can keep an eye on prices. It is also good to get your orders on Amazon early incase they have a longer shipping time for the goods that you want. Also you could find that the goods are cheaper in September than if you were to order them in December. Finally, don’t forget that Amazon also offer gift wrap. Very handy!
- You won’t miss out on the must have toy. The closer you leave it to Christmas, the less chance you have of getting that toy your child apparently has to have. We have all seen the newspaper articles about people getting into fights over the last toy on the shelf. Buying it in September means that your children will love you and you shouldn’t get arrested for fighting in shops. It also means that when your child has already tired of the toy by Boxing Day, you won’t be cursing them for all of the hours you spent traipsing round shops to find it.
- You can do it all online. If you don’t want to go into the shops then you can do it at home, sat in your pjs. YES!
- You can make a present. There are lots of online websites where you can make personalised gifts. You have the time to plan a really special present. Perhaps a photo book or an engraved necklace. One year money was really tight so we made homemade biscotti and put them in Kilner Jars. I think that was one of my mum’s favourite presents from us. She still goes on about how good it was now!
- If you want to go into the shops to look for Christmas presents then you can and you know that you won’t be battling against the Christmas crowds. You won’t have to spend ages looking for a car-park space either. Win!
- You can get your presents to your relatives on time! With our family living in the UK and us living in Jersey, we need to leave plenty of time to post our gifts. Especially as the Jersey postal service struggles to cope round Christmas with the sheer volume of parcels.
- Less stressful. Let’s face it December is already stressful enough. You are dashing around for school nativities and fetes. Getting the Christmas cake ready. Worrying about visiting relatives and where you will put them. If you have already done your Christmas shopping then at least that is one less thing to worry about.
So I have I convinced you that you should be starting your Christmas shopping in September? You know you want to start your Christmas shopping now 😉 .