What is going on? These months keep zipping by and you were no different. Slow down months! However, the rainy weather can leave. What is going on with this weather? June, you were mostly wet and miserable. Please read the memo –
Summer is here!
June, July and August – you are supposed to be Summer. I need sunshine.
July, I expect better from you. Don’t let me down!
What were my June highlights?
I had such a brilliant month that was full of amazing highlights. It was another busy but fun month!
- I managed to get in The Huffington Post every week in June. I need to try to keep this up in July.
- I booked to stay in the Townhouse Hotel in Manchester. It is going to be a fabulous girly weekend.
- Mr C had his birthday and we had a wonderful weekend celebrating. You can watch the film about our weekend below
- I have been loving the Make Films course
- One of my posts the ‘Domestic Feminist’ was picked up by Mumsnet and as a result went a little bit viral. Ok, I’m aware that there is no such thing as a “little bit viral” but for me it went viral 🙂
- Another really popular post was ‘Living My Life Online’. In this post I compare blogging to going to an art exhibition. Yes, I really do.
- I now have over 2,000 followers on Twitter and over 500 on Instagram. Thank you lovely people for following me.
- I have had my best month for blog views.
- I went to BML. The biggest blogging conference in the UK for parent bloggers. There were over 700 bloggers. I had such a great time meeting up with lots of lovely blogging friends! Sarah from Mumzilla and Fran from Whinge Whinge Wine were brilliant at calming my pre BiBs nerves. Fran even let me take most of her headache tablets. I am so pleased that they have decided to enter the Mumsnet awards – they would love your votes. Go vote for them here. I also spent most of the day with lovely Bridie from Bridie by the Sea and the wonderful Jane from Maflingo.
- At BML I also met up with Amy from Mr and Mrs T who acted as my mentor when I first started my blog in January. Her support has been invaluable. She is as lovely in real life as she is at the end of an email. I also met the fabulous Aby from You Baby Me Mummy. Aby, has also been really kind with her support of me. They are both such lovely bloggers and always make the time to help you. They really do rock and I do now think of them as the A-team! I just can’t believe that I didn’t think to get my photo taken with them.
- As part of BML I was able to stay in The Hoxton. It is one very fancy pants hotel. I loved it. I had a whole bed to myself. I was a starfish all night long.
- I was on BBC Radio Jersey for the third time and I talked rubbish!
- Finally, somehow I manged to win an award. Bonkers. A very lovely bonkers! I was not expecting it at all and there are videos circulating that prove this fact.
I cry. I cry on a stage. I cry in front of sooooooooo many people.
It was just brilliantly amazing. Thank you so much everyone.
What I am hoping from July
There are already some really exciting things planned for July
- Tomorrow I am on the radio discussing the news. Stop laughing at the back! Not sure how that will go. My Mum has informed me that I sounded like Vicki Pollard in the last interview because I went –
“Yeah, but no, but yeah, but no.”
Waffle, waffle, yes I just WAFFLE! I am under strict instructions to drink a gin and tonic. I am due at the studios at 8:30am. I think it is safe to say that I will be staying away from the gin.
- It is Oldest’s birthday and she will be turning 7 years old. Eeeeeeks!
- Family are coming to stay. We will be having a big birthday party for Oldest to celebrate. This time I must not grill the birthday cake.
- School breaks up for the summer – whoop!
- Finally, I have been invited to the Awakening Club which takes place on Saturday 23rd July. I am very excited to attend! What to know why? Check out the below blurb from the organisers –
“When we arrive at the venue on a sunny Saturday morning in St Helier, the concept seems surreal. By 10.30, 130 or so free spirits/paying attendees of all ages have arrived to dance to DJ sets from Dj Stefunk and Reasons Ben Newman . I’m greeted with a smiles from one of the “awakening team” and as I stroll towards the dance area I notice a pamper room where you can have an indian head massage or a glitter make over before hitting the dance floor. There’s also a yoga space, hula hoop workshop and superfood and smoothie bar. As for the attendees, they’re here in different shapes and sizes. Fancy dress costumes? Yep. Exercise enthusiasts? You bet. Man on bongos? lady playing the flute? Check and check. If you subscribe to the bohemian, clean-living, mindfulness lifestyle, then The Awakening Club appears to have it all under one roof.”
It sounds amazing! If you fancy coming along then check out their facebook page for more details.
I am also hoping that the sun finally starts shining in July.
What are your plans for this month?