I know, check me out! I am practically bilingual. I’m really not. Don’t let that one word fool you. How have you all been? Last week was a tough week in Island Living HQ and therefore I am in the need for some serious laughs. Don’t let me down lovely peeps. No pressure. We all know that I laugh at ANYTHING. The summer holidays are rolling away rather quickly. Next week we will be going away on holiday. Mr C and I will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. How did that even happen? On a far more pressing note – why has Mr C not done a runner yet?! We will be having a glorious two nights at a fancy pants hotel…. without the children. Yes, you read that right – without the children! I will miss them terribly, in between the yummy food; glasses of fizz, floating in the pool, riding of bikes round hotel grounds, exploring the local brewery. Yes, I will miss them! On a serious note, I really will miss them (don’t tell them that, I don’t want them getting big heads 😉 ). Having time to ourselves confuses me! I have been known to turn round and shout –
“The kids, we have lost the kids! Where are they? Have I left them in the confectionery aisle/soft-play/restaurant/beach again!?”
Anyway let’s get on with the #FridayFrolics show. Today I am linking up – Why Letting Your Daughters Watch As You Give Birth Is Genius I explain why Jamie Oliver is a genius. I also share my own mishaps – eeeks!
Our Friday Favourites
My favourite post: The Unsung Mummy – How to be a good employer and not a twat “this post reminded me why I am very lucky to be a stay-at-home mum. No twattish employers for me – hurrah! Hilarious post with brilliant drawings that illustrate all points marvellously. Every employer in the land needs to read this!”
Claire’s Favourite post: You The Daddy – The Gross Side Of Pregnancy: “So true. I loved the bit about the bath, having spent virtually nine months in the tub when I was pregnant with my first. It was the only place I could get comfortable. But getting out? Wowzers!”
Lucy’s Favourite post: Single Mum Speaks – That’s Not a Baby’s Name. Min discusses the minefield of baby naming. Apparently, her son is not actually called Piglet. Who knew?! But he doesn’t have a baby’s name either. And Princess is never acceptable. For anyone, not just Piglet, who probably isn’t called Princess.
The post with the most views last week was – Mumzilla – Real Life Birth vs Movie Birth
If you missed the posts last week, then you should check them out!
All favourite posts should grab the swanky ‘Featured Blogger’ badge below.
<div align="center"><a href="https://islandliving365.com" rel="nofollow" title="Island Living 365"><img src="https://islandliving365.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Friday-Frolics-Featured-Blogger-Badge.jpg" alt="Island Living 365" style="border: none; height: auto; width: 200px;" />
Now onto this week!
Welcome to Friday Frolics, the linky with the giggles. Friday Frolics is hosted by myself, Claire at Life, Love and Dirty Dishes and Lucy at R is for Hoppit. It’s the place to link up you funny posts and snort your tea whilst enjoying some others.
Here are the rules:
- Make us laugh! Friday Frolics is all about the funny, so please no reviews, or how to make a finger puppet (unless of course they are hilarious).
- Include the Friday Frolics badge in the post that you are linking. If you do not include the badge you will not be eligible to feature as a Friday Favourite.
- Comment on one of each of the hosts posts, and at least one other post for every post you link up. Share the fun people! Use #FridayFrolics when you comment on posts so people can see where you are linking from.
- You can link up to 2 posts, old or new.
- By joining this linky you consent to receiving e-mails about Friday Frolics.
- Follow us on twitter and tweet your links to @lifeloveanddd @sillymummy88 and @islandliving365 using #FridayFrolics for a RT.
- The linky will open at 8:00pm on Thursday evening, and close at 11pm on Sunday.
<div align="center"><a href="https://islandliving365.com" rel="nofollow" title="Island Living 365"><img src="https://islandliving365.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Friday-Frolics-Badge-2016.jpg" alt="Island Living 365" style="border: none;" />