Firstly, I apologise for the title. It’s a bit of a mouthful! However, I couldn’t come up with anything more eloquent. Hmmm. Not very snappy, must try harder. I am obviously still getting my brain back into the bloggers groove. Anyway, on with the post.
I recently had to take a blogging break and even though I couldn’t write a post, I was able to do lots of other valuable blog related activities. They didn’t require me to use many brain cells, but they were all very useful tasks. These are the activities that you can carry out when you need a break from actual blogging, or when you are suffering blogger burnout:
- Reply to all of all your outstanding comments on your blog.
- Go through your spam box and empty it; checking that there are no nice bloggers hiding in there.
- Update your media pack.
- Check your Pinterest boards, do they need a tidy-up?
- Pin posts to your Pinterest boards.
- Go through your blog email account and delete any messages that you don’t need anymore.
- Read other blogs.
- Stumble any posts you have enjoyed reading.
- Brainstorm any ideas for blog posts.
- Go through your draft posts. Get rid of any that you think don’t think have any promise.
- Make a list of any brands that you would like to work with.
- Go through any old films and photos and delete or keep.
- Give your blog a once over. Check all of your social media buttons work. Are you happy with the layout? How could it be improved? Is it time to invest in a new theme?
- Go through old posts and check that you have filled in the alt tags on the photos.
- Check your Twitter and Instagram followers. Are there any old accounts you want to unfollow? Is there anyone you want to follow?
- Go through old posts, can you make them more SEO friendly?
- Does your sidebar need decluttering?
- Do you want to update your profile picture?
- Check old posts for spelling and grammatical errors.
There will be times when we don’t feel like writing a blog post. However, the above list demonstrates that there are still lots of useful things that we can be doing with our blog. Activities that will help improve our blog. However, if you find yourself struck down with a serious case of blogger burnout….
then switch off and walk away for the day. Be kind to yourself and take some time out when it is needed.
Can you think of anything that I could add to the list?