I thought April had zipped by but then May you went in the blink of an eye. The months seem to be speeding up at a dizzying rate. One minute you were here and the next you had galloped off into the distance. Months we need to slow down, we need to take time to appreciate the little moments. June, I hope that you are taking note.
Whilst April was a very mixed month there was nothing mixed about May. You were just one very glorious month. The weather was much more settled. I have come to realise that I am indeed obsessed with the weather, a very English trait. I really do measure how good a month has been by the weather and May you did not disappoint. You were a month full of sunshine and you even began to feel warm. June now promises to be a great month weather wise (touch wood).
What were the May highlights?
- Norway. At the start of the month we escaped the rock and we were lucky enough to be able to explore Norway. It is such a stunning country. You can find me sharing our travels every Saturday.
- Film making. I started the Xanthe Berkeley course and I am LOVING it. It is such an inspiring course and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to learn how to make films. This week our prompt was portrait. I am finding the editing of the film quite tricky and it took me all morning to edit this one minute film. I am in awe of the vloggers who do this on a regular basis. I am hoping that I will get quicker as the course progresses. I would love to hear your thoughts on the film. This is my portrait of Youngest.
- Finding new places to explore on Jersey. Jersey is such a small island but you can still discover little gems hidden away. This month I found St Catherine’s Woods (it actually features in the above film). There are no signposts for this little words and I only managed to find it after I stopped and asked a local. But it was worth it, the woods are a joy! A magical little woods with bubbling brooks and stepping-stones. A lovely place to while away a couple of hours.
- I was on BBC Radio Jersey again and I really enjoyed myself. Charlie, if you are reading this and ever need a stand in co-presenter or maybe a roving reporter/tea maker then give me a shout 😉 I have loved my brief dalliance with the media and working in the media would be my dream job. When I was a student I auditioned to be a c-beebies presenter. I never got the call-back *sigh*
- I am now an advocate for Penwizard which means that I have a lovely discount code for all of you lovely readers (see more about it below)
- I found out that I am a finalist in the BiBs – thank you again lovely people. I am one very excited lady 🙂
I am already really excited about June and it looks like it could be another great month. I am hoping that it will be finally warm enough for us to enjoy some BBQ action at the beach. As soon as the weather warms up we hit the beach with our picnic blanket and BBQ and spend the weekends lazing by the sea. Both my girls are real beach bums and like nothing better than a day spent paddling in the sea and foraging in the rock pools. When we lived in Yorkshire we were a good hour away from the beach and now we are a 5 minute walk at the most. It is the summer when we can really appreciate how our lives have changed for the better. Nowadays we really do have a slower pace of life and more family time too. June will also see Mr C have his birthday and of course it is Father’s Day! Mr C always makes a massive deal about this day. I think he lives in fear that because it is so close to his actual birthday that we might forget and not get him anything. Of course we always get him something but this year I am wondering if I should be a bit cheeky and use the exclusive discount code (ISLAND2 😉 ) that I have for Penwizard and get him a book. You can personalise the book so that your favourite people can appear in it. You can really make the characters in the book look just like Daddy/Granny/Grandad etc does in real life. If you fancy getting a personalised book for Father’s Day or just a book as a present then you can use the discount code below. Just click on the badge and it will take you to their website.
Also in June it is the BML 16 and I can’t wait. I am so excited about meeting everyone and learning lots from the conference itself. It should be an amazing day. I just hope that I don’t get lost in London.
What are you looking forward to in June?
Love Em xx