Next month I will be flying off this little island and landing in London! I am extremely excited to be visiting “Laaaandon town” (as I like to say it, I blame the Mockney in me being an Essex girl and all). I am even more excited to be attending my first ever Brit Mums Live conference and awards ceremony! Eeeeks!
The conference promises to be a jam-packed day! I am hoping to meet all the lovely bloggers who I chat with on a daily basis but have never actually met in the flesh. Actually, that scares me a little too. Let’s not dwell on that otherwise I will lose my nerve and not actually attend! The conference also sounds like it is going to be a great day for learning, networking and I’m hoping that some eating of cake will be involved. A good conference always has to have cake! I am hoping to come away enthused and bubbling with ideas. The conference promises to be a really fantastic day.
Where I will be staying
You might remember that a while ago I wrote a post about the best hotels to stay in London. You can read that post HERE. Well I have only gone and booked two nights in the very cool Hoxton hotel. I can’t wait! It looks like a very trendy hotel and it is only down the road from the conference so pretty perfect in every aspect. I am hoping that there will be time for me to enjoy the swanky hotel bar whilst sipping on some of its very delicious cocktails.
The awards evening
I am also very excited because there is an awards evening. We all know that I love a good awards evening. A chance to glam up a bit, drink some wine and just have lots of fun with some lovely bloggers. I am also hoping that there might also be time for a tiny bit of dancing. Another really exciting thing is that for the first time EVER I have been shortlisted for an award. This is very big news and I am thrilled to get shortlisted, you could probably hear my delighted shrieks from Jersey. I have never actually won an award, ever, unless you count the certificate that I received in Year 7 for 100% attendance. Yes, I was that girl! Don’t worry I never repeated that award again. I can’t wait to attend the awards evening whether I become a finalist or not. It will just be amazing to come together and recognise the fantastic blogs that are out there. It is also a really good excuse to drink fizz! Not that I ever need an excuse 😉 .
Let’s get ready to MINGLE!
Like I mentioned earlier I am feeling slightly nervous. Firstly, I am going to be leaving this very small, very quiet and very peaceful island to land in the very big, very loud and very busy city of London. Secondly, I am worried that I will get lost, that I won’t be able to find my hotel and that the tube will breakdown. Apart from that I am fine! I am also slightly nervous about meeting everyone. The conference and awards evening is a big event with over 500 people attending! Argh! Ok, must not hyperventilate, must calm down. Deep breathing is now happening. An event of this size could be really overwhelming which is where the lovely people at Brit Mums have come in to help us all. They are all metaphorically holding us by the hand and introducing us to everyone.
What am I going on about?
Well they have created a linky in which we can all introduce ourselves. Therefore without further ado please let me introduce myself!
- My name: Emma but all of my friends call me Em. I am sure this must annoy my mum greatly, she was probably thinking that she had thought of a name that was impossible to shorten and I went and shortened it anyway!
- My blog: Island Living 365 My husband describes my blog as me emptying my chaotic brain into my little corner of the internet. I prefer to call it a lifestyle blog from the by sea. My husband’s description is very true but not as catchy!
Find me on social media at:
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/islandliving365
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/islandliving365/
- Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/islandliving365/
- LinkedIn- https://www.linkedin.com/in/emma-c-67098811b?trk=hp-identity-name
- How I look: Like I have been dragged through a hedge backwards. Seriously. Just look at the above photo of me. Shoulder length hair that is blonde (with some help from the hairdresser). I like to style my hair on the just got out of bed look because that is very fashionable. My hair is not a result of my inability to get out of bed on time, nor is it a reflection of the fact that I get very bored drying my hair and give up after 5 minutes. Nope, I’m just being fashionable. I wear glasses, sometimes I take them off to mix it up a bit but then I find that I can’t see very well or distinguish a face from a bottom. If you see me without my glasses talking to a bottom then please come and introduce yourself. Two ex-boyfriends’ mums always used to say that I looked like Helen Baxendale from the side. It’s the nose. Enough said.
- Is this my first blogging event? Yes, I have never been to a Brit Mums conference. As a result of this I fear that I will be standing out like a sore thumb. I hope that I will be oozing elegance and sophistication and not hiding behind the pot plant stuffing cake into my face.
- I will be wearing…oh good grief really? I don’t know what I am wearing tomorrow, let alone a whole month away. This might be a good excuse to buy some new clothes though. Hmmm, will Mr C fall for that one? I will probably be in skinny jeans or a dress or maybe a dress over the skinny jeans.
- What I hope to gain from #BML16: I am hoping to meet-up with all of my lovely bloggy friends and then I will be hoping that I don’t make a tit of myself in front of said friends. I am also hoping to learn more about blogging whilst eating cake and drinking fizz.
- My tips for a great conference: Enjoy every moment! Have fun. Just remember that everybody will be in the same boat as you so just get out and about, mingle and say hello. If you are feeling nervous then just plaster a big smile on your face and people will want to come over and chat to you!
The countdown for Brit Mums Live has begun and I can’t wait. There are so many bloggers that I am looking forward to meeting.
I can’t wait to meet all of you.
Please come and say hi! I will be the one with the large smile plastered over her face, hopefully I won’t be talking to any bottoms or hiding behind Yucca plants.