Don’t say it.
I said that I was taking a couple of days off from blogging but I just have to share my news. I have so much to share with you all –
- How I arrived at Jersey airport feeling poorly. My stomach was churning (nerves) and therefore my lunch consisted of nuts.
- How I spent my time waiting in Jersey airport with a stag party. I loved it.
- How the Brit Mums reception left me completely star struck.
- How I saw Tim from ‘Slouching Towards Thatcham’ and cooed at him. Ok, less cooing and more like “TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM” with arms flung open. However, to spare my dignity he pretended that he hadn’t heard me. Probably something to do with the restraining order. I’m joking. Although if Tim reads this then he may well want to get a restraining order with my name on it.
- How I was very excited to be off the island and on the underground. At the time I thought that it was a good idea to pretend I was in some classic 80s music video. This was thanks to the wind tunnel that was pummeling my hair on the train. Sarah from ‘Mumzilla‘ took some classic photos of this moment. I am praying that they do not resurface on social media and NO I was not drunk! I’d only had about 2 glasses of wine, I was very well-behaved.
- How I stayed at the amazing and very cool Hoxton hotel (review to follow later).
- How I had horrific nightmares (nerves).
- How I woke at 3am with a migraine. Probably down to the fact that I had only eaten nuts the day before.
- How I was very sick in the morning. Probably down to the migraine and nerves!
- How I brushed my teeth a trillion times as I was worried about breathing sick breath onto everyone.
- How at Brit Mums I had such fun with my blogging friends.
- How I shrieked a lot and talked at such a high pitch that only dogs could hear me
- How I jumped on a trampoline and nearly flashed my boobs at everyone. There are also photos of this. The shame.
- How I saw Tim again and became star struck…. AGAIN.
- How I nearly knocked the Coke Zero stand over.
- How I lost all feeling in my feet from the crazy high heels I was wearing.
- How I learnt so much from all of the sessions.
- How when the BiBs started I was still practising my best loser face.
- How when my blog was called out I couldn’t believe the support I received. Everyone was so kind.
- How it took me 5 years to get to the stage.
- How on the way to the stage I was worrying about breathing sicky breath onto Carol Smillie.
- How when I got on the stage I realised that I had no speech prepared. I still don’t know what I said.
- How I struggled to hold it together on stage.
- How I cried happy tears.
- How I went out for dinner with some lovely blog friends
- How the one time I had an excuse to paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarty I felt so ill that I went to bed.
- How I then couldn’t sleep and finally gave up at 5am.
- How I arrived at the tube station at 7am to find it still closed. I thought London was supposed to be a 24 hour city!
- How I witnessed a fight at the tube over Brexit.
- How my heart broke over the fight over Brexit.
- How at the airport I couldn’t work the machines. I hate those machines. A lady had to help me, luckily she found my stupidity funny.
- How I had to go in one of those body scanners as I had set off the alarm.
- How security did not like me dancing and doing jazz hands in the scanner. Spoilsports 😉
- How I arrived home to find no one waiting for me at the gates. It turns out that Youngest had become so excited about my imminent arrival that she wet herself.
- How I finally located my family and they had made me the most amazing welcome home banner.
- How Mr C had surprised me with a bottle of champagne in the fridge.
No, that’s not the news that I wanted to share with you. What I wanted to share with you is that I am going to be on BBC Radio Jersey tomorrow at 3:20pm. I can’t wait! I am very excited. Also arriving tomorrow morning is a photographer from the Jersey Evening Post. I know! Eeeeeeks. They were supposed to arrive today. I had received a phone call explaining that a photographer would be arriving in about an hour’s time. Not the best timing as Youngest and I were feeling poorly. Cue frantic scrambling around the house. Then me frantically trying to persuade Youngest that if she wants to be in a photo then she really needs to wear clothes. I then tried to find something that looked ok and didn’t need ironing and proceeded to kick all of the toys under the sofa and behind closed doors. Finally, I tried to put some make-up on. Then after all said panic they phoned to say that they would be taking the photo tomorrow. There might have been some muttering of swear words under my breath.
It has been a bit of a whirlwind and it is all down to you guys. I still can’t believe it but I am having so much fun. Thank you for giving me this opportunity.
You all rock!
Ps don’t forget 3:20pm tomorrow (Wednesday), BBC Radio Jersey. Come and listen to me 🙂