Disclaimer – this post is very late. I could blame the holiday and the excitement of the BiBs but really it is all down to me! I will be more organised from now on. Promise.
You were a strange and fickle beast this month.
Firstly, you really flew by. More than ever at the moment the months seem to pass in a blink of an eye and this leaves me feeling slightly panicked and disoriented. I desperately want to slow time down, to savour what we have but instead I spend every day rushing about. Trying to cram too much in. I am dreading the steady approach of September because then Youngest will be starting nursery part-time and therefore she will no longer be my baby. Our mornings at the beach, just us, will be no more. However, the next chapter is an exciting one and I need to embrace it instead of facing it with slight trepidation.
April you seemed confused. One minute glorious sunshine the next torrential rain and shivering cold. Spring is one of my favourite seasons but April you didn’t fulfil your promise of a glorious season and therefore I am already thinking of Summer. Long, lazy days at the beach beckon as we build sand castles in the sun. As a month you have sometimes left me feeling strangely bruised. It has been a month with some lows but then also a month of amazing highs. I didn’t enjoy the blast from the past that suddenly invaded and it left me questioning everything that I do when it comes to my blog. However, the completely unexpected but amazing news that I had been shortlisted for a BiB helped me to move on and gave me a much-needed confidence boost. Thank you again to those of you that voted for me and helped me to get shortlisted.
There has been so much to embrace this month when it comes to my blog:
- Like I mentioned earlier, I was shortlisted for a BiB 2016.
- I was on BBC Radio Jersey. I was interviewed and I like to think that I didn’t make a complete fool of myself!
- I broke into the top 500 for the tots100.
- I secured some exciting work and opportunities through my blog.
- I had articles published in the Huffington Post.
- I went self-hosted.
- I booked my tickets for the Brit Mums.
- I enrolled on a film making course.
In my personal life I have been struggling to juggle everything and at times have felt like I am throwing too many balls up into the air! This month I plan on taking things a little slower. I have been trying to cram too much into the day and I think I need to try to sleep more. Bags under my eyes is not a good look on me 😉 However, saying this I will probably find that I still try and squeeze too much into a day. This is my fault, I just find that I am unable to switch off and relax! I do sometimes need to learn to slow down and take a step back.
What other exciting things happened in April:
- Mr C and I booked to go away for a couple of nights to celebrate our wedding anniversary. WITH NO CHILDREN! Will we find that we have nothing to talk about? Let’s hope not!
- We are all popping back to Yorkshire in the summer to meet up with friends – YAY!
- We enrolled Youngest at nursery ready for September.
- Oldest started trampolining classes and loves it.
- Oldest also played in a piano concert.
- I attended cookery classes.
May holds a lot of promise! I am hoping to continue to improve my photography. I am also hoping to finally take the plunge with vlogging. I have just started the film making course and I am so excited to learn how to make films which I am then hoping will give me the confidence to vlog. I also have some more exciting opportunities lined up (fingers crossed).
How was your April and what are your hopes for the rest of May?