Oh August, you were another month that proved to be a bit of an emotional rollercoaster. You were also a very busy month. There were two trips back to the UK and rather a lot of juggling children and work. I have had a fantastic month with the girls. There has been lots of laughs and cuddles. Ok, there was the odd spat and temper tantrum too. The house will be very quiet next week.
We had some lovely sunny days in August. However, the hottest day was when I was back in the UK. Just my luck! When in Jersey we made the most of the sun and most days were spent at the beach. There have been a lot of picnics and too many ice-creams consumed. I have easily put on half a stone this summer! Whoops.
August, my waistline would like a break now 😉
What were my August highlights?
- Going back home to visit family and friends
- We had a child free weekend celebrating our wedding anniversary
- Mumsnet asked me to write a guest post for them – Olympic sexism – “We won’t let the media get away with it”
- We collaborated with Joules. You can find the girls on their website! Oldest is now convinced that this means she is famous
- I had a break from blogging and didn’t blog for nearly two weeks. I am now feeling very refreshed and raring to go again
- Youngest had her settling in days at pre-school. I am very proud of her.
- I am back in the Top 500 for the Tots100 (UK parent blog index)
- Somehow I am now number 42 in the Hibs100 (UK home and interiors blog index). I am thrilled with my new ranking and was not expecting it at all! I plan to enjoy it while it lasts
- I am now very close to 3,000 followers on Twitter and I now have over 700 followers on Instagram. Thank you for following me 🙂
- I am loving being a co-host on the Friday Frolics linky. I am still feeling the pressure to write a funny post every week! Eeeks
- I introduced my shop! You can now shop directly from my blog. In my interiors posts I will be including links to my favourite home bits. There is also a permanent shop tab where you can find lovely goodies for little ones. I have exciting plans to expand the shop in the coming months
- Finally, I am still trying to get to grips with my Facebook account and page. I don’t have a clue what I am doing on either but it is progress. Friends have now told me that Facebook has had its day. I am always late to the party!
Our plans for September
- I have some other exciting collaborations coming up. *Fingers crossed!*
- To start exercising again. Urgh. I said this last month but I really do need to start this month. My clothes are noticeably tighter and I have a moonwalk (no not Michael Jackson) marathon to train for *gulp*
- To set up my office
- Finish decorating the girls’ bedroom
What are your plans for this month?